EDITEDThe Ultimate Monster Tamer: Round 3
Dec 11th, 2018
The Ultimate Monster Tamer has returned! Once again, tame up to 3 monsters of your choosing to conquer the mission boss and obtain even better rewards!
FROM the scheduled maintenance on December 11, 2018
TO the scheduled maintenance on January 2, 2019
Who Can Participate
- Characters of level 30 and above
How to Participate
STEP 1. Interact with the Event Notice Board in the city of Klaipeda or Orsha to receive Tamer's Blue Orb x1, Special Monster Trapper x1, and Blue Orb Dungeon Coin x12. The Blue Orb and Monster Trapper are yours to keep during the event period (you only receive them once per team), but you can come back to the Event Notice Board every day to collect Blue Orb Dungeon Coin x12.
STEP 2. Use the Special Monster Trapper in various fields to capture your very own pet monsters, which will be saved inside the Tamer’s Blue Orb. You can save up to 3 monsters at a time, but you cannot capture more than one of the same monster.
STEP 3. Defeat regular field monsters no less than 20 levels below your character for a chance to collect Monster Energy, an item you can use to level up your pet monsters.
STEP 4. Every monster you capture starts at Lv 1, and you can use Monster Energy to increase their level up to Lv 300. From Lv 1 to Lv 4, each level-up consumes Monster Energy x1. Starting from Lv 5 and in groups of 5 levels, every level-up consumes an additional +1 Monster Energy.
- So from Lv 5 to Lv 9, each level-up consumes Monster Energy x2; from Lv 10 to Lv 14, each level-up consumes Monster Energy x3, and so on.
STEP 5. If you want to change one of your captured monsters, go back to the Event Notice Board and release the desired monster back into the wild – doing so will consume Monster Energy x30. The next monster you capture will match the level of the one you released!
STEP 6. After you’ve leveled up your pet monsters, it’s time to enter the event mission and put them to the test! You can enter the mission through Sentinel Rian in the city of Klaipeda, and each entry consumes Blue Orb Dungeon Coin x6 (x4 for Token users). The entry process is the same as normal instanced dungeons, so you can enter solo, with a premade party, or via auto-matching.
STEP 7. Before you start, interact with the Magic Circle inside the mission map to pick the level of the boss you’re about to face to match that of your monsters – you can make it lower and complete the mission with ease, or amp up the difficulty for a challenging run.
- If you’re in a party, the mission will accept whatever boss level is entered first, so make sure to coordinate monster levels with your party beforehand. This also means that, if you choose auto-match, you may not be matched with players of similar pet levels.
STEP 8. It’s time for battle! Use the Tamer’s Blue Orb to summon your monster pets and attack the boss! Your character cannot use basic attacks or skills inside the mission, so you’ll have to rely on your captured monsters. You have 5 minutes to defeat the boss and complete the mission.
STEP 9. After you complete the mission, your character will automatically receive Blue Cube x1 and a number of Blue Fragments proportional to your pets’ or the boss’ level. The Blue Cube gives you one of 13 random rewards, while the Blue Fragments can be exchanged for useful items at the Event Notice Board.
Blue Cube Rewards
Use the Cube to receive one of the following random rewards! You can also reopen the Blue Cube with 500,000 Silver (Token users can reopen the Cube one additional time).
- Megaphone x2
- Fortune Cookie x1
- Fortune Cookie x2
- Challenge Mode One Entry Voucher (14 Days) x1
- Challenge Portal Scroll (14 Days) x1
- Goddess Sculpture (14 Days) x1
- Believer's Potion x1
- Silver Anvil (14 Days) x1
- Golden Anvil (14 Days) x1
- Attribute Points: 500 x1
- Attribute Points: 1000 x1
- Weapon Cube x1 (contains 1 random Lv 380 Primus weapon/subweapon)
- Armor Cube x1 (contains 1 random Lv 380 Primus armor item)
Blue Fragment Rewards
EDIT: Exchange your Blue Fragments for the following items at the Event Notice Board! The amount of Fragments you receive every mission is equal to 1 Fragment, plus 1 per every 10 levels your pet monster has over the mission boss.
- Megaphone x2 = 30 Fragments
- Fortune Cookie x1 = 30 Fragments
- Blue Cube x1 = 50 Fragments
- Challenge Mode One Entry Voucher (14 Days) x1 = 50 Fragments
- Challenge Portal Scroll (14 Days) x1 = 50 Fragments
- Goddess Sculpture (14 Days) x1 = 50 Fragments
- Believer's Potion x1 = 50 Fragments
- Silver Anvil (14 Days) x1 = 100 Fragments
- Golden Anvil (14 Days) x1 = 150 Fragments
- Attribute Points: 500 x1 = 300 Fragments
- Special Monster Trappers can be used in regular fields, dungeons, and hunting grounds. The Trappers do not work on elite or boss monsters.
- Special Monster Trappers must be used near monsters, and they have better chances of trapping monsters with low HP.
- Monster Energy can be traded and transferred via Team Storage.
- Monsters can only be summoned with the Tamer’s Blue Orb inside the event mission. They cannot be summoned in cities or other maps.
- Mission boss levels cannot exceed your own pet monsters’ by more than 100 levels.
- Becoming incapable of combat inside the event mission results in no penalties to your character. You can also use items like HP potions inside the event mission.
- Blue Orb Dungeon Coins are consumed only when you receive the rewards after completing the mission, not when you enter the mission. If you fail the mission, it will not consume any Coins.
- Blue Fragments are calculated for each party member individually based on their specific level data.
- Blue Cubes and Blue Fragments can be transferred via Team Storage, but not traded.
- Timed items cannot be traded or transferred via Team Storage.
- The following items will be automatically deleted at the end of the event period: Blue Cube, Blue Fragment, Tamer’s Blue Orb, Special Monster Trapper, Blue Orb Dungeon Coin, Fortune Cookie, Believer’s Potion.